The HXG-2D offers 10ppm sensitivity to detect combustible gasses. Easily operated with new “patent pending” electronic tick control, leaks are pinpointed using the audio and visual indicators. Backlit LCD display of gas leaks in ppm or %LEL.
- Combustible Gas Leak Detector capable of displaying ppm or %LEL (Lower Explosive Limit)
- UL 913 Approved Intrinsically Safe
- Building Performance Institute Approved
- ATEX Approved (Europe)
- Direct PPM readout
- Direct LEL percentage readout
- Ideal for Natural, Propane and Butane gas leaks
- 10 ppm sensitivity (methane)
- Instant response
- Settable alarm
- Visual and audible leak indication
- SENSIT® “ruggedized” design
Model HXG-2D Product Description
The Sensit® HXG-2D is designed to detect combustible gases. This instrument incorporates an advanced low power semiconductor sensor to measure a wide variety of combustible gases in both the PPM and %LEL range. The PPM readings auto range to %LEL when the concentration exceeds 990PPM (2%LEL methane). Optionally all readings can be set to a resolution of 0.1 %LEL only (PPM off).
An “on demand” backlight allows use in dark environments. A user activated “TICK” control assists in locating small gas leaks. Audible and visual alarms warn the operator of hazards. The alarms can be set in either the PPM or LEL modes. The default alarm is 10%LEL methane.
The Sensit® HXG-2D is designed to meet US and European intrinsic safety approvals as outlined in 60079-0 and 60079-11 when used with approved batteries.
The Sensit® HXG-2D can be operated using approved rechargeable or alkaline batteries.
|Model HXG-2D Specifications|
|Combustible Gasses Detected (Partial List)||Methane, Natural Gas, Gasoline, Diesel, Propane (LPG), Butane, Kerosene|
|Sensor Type||Low power semiconductor|
|Leak Indication||Audio / Visual|
|Adjustable Tic Rate||Yes|
|Alarm||Audible / Visual (User settable)|
|Display type||Digital with backlight|
|Leak level read out||Yes, 0 to 990ppm|
|%LEL Indication||Yes, 0% to 100%|
|Internal Sample Pump||No|
|Intrinsic Safety Rated||UL913|
|Battery Type||“C” cell (3)|
Model HXG-2D Applications
- Detect combustible gasses including natural gas methane, propane (LPG), gasoline, diesel, and kerosene
- Trace natural gas lines and fittings for leaks
- Check gas generation for leaks
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the difference between the HXG-2 and the 720b?
The HXG-2 is intrinsically safe and has an adjustable alarm.
2. Can I use the 720b or HXG-2 to test for carbon monoxide as well as combustible gas leaks?
The HXG-2 and 720b are designed to detect combustible gas leaks. The 735 or 775 are the best choices to test for carbon monoxide as well as combustible gas leaks.
3. What is the difference between the 735 and 775?
Both the 775 and 735 can be used to test for carbon monoxide in ambient air as well as test for combustible gas leaks. The 735 is pump driven and can be used to test for CO infurnaces as well. When testing for combustible leaks the 775 uses an audible “tic” and visual indication while the 735 has audible indicationand displays the leak level in %LEL.
4. I only need to test for combustible gas leaks, which detector should I choose?
The 725 is pocket sized with LED and audible indicators that activate at preset leak levels. The 725 can detect a leak but does nothave the capability to determine the source. The 720b and HXG-2 are more sensitive, utilize a thumb wheel adjustable “tic” rate, and have goosenecks that enable them to reach into tight areas and not only detect a leak but determine the source. The HXG-2 has an adjustable alarm and is intrinsically safe.
5. I need to be able to produce a “hardcopy” of test results. Do any of the TPI detectors have this capability?
Yes, the 735 has an infrared interface for printing testing results.
6. What gases can be detected?
Gases that can be detected include but are not limited to Acetone, Alcohol, Butane, Gasoline,Kerosene, Methane, Natural Gas, and Propane.