TPI Model 717R Flue Gas Analyzer. The TPI 717R Flue Gas Combustion Analyzer is a state of the art, easy to use analyzer designed not only to display and calculate the required readings from a flue but also to cover most of the other desirable parameters associated with appliance installation and maintenance. All of the features of the 717 with a rechargeable battery. Six year warranty.
- Combustion Efficiency Analyzer: Measure O2, CO, and flue temperature. Calculate efficiency, excess air, CO2 & (CO/CO2) Ratio.
- CO Analyzer: Measure carbon monoxide in ambient air.
- Differential Manometer: +/- 150 mBar (0.01 mBar resolution). Great for tightness/let by or burner pressure testing.
- Differential Thermometer: Dual input K-Type thermocouple thermometer measures differential temperatures. Ideal for measuring & recording flow & return temperatures.
All of the features of the 709R plus:
- Timed Let/By & Tightness Test
- Timed CO Build-Up Room Test
- Integrated Magnet
- Calibration Due Countdown on switch on
- Serial Number on Print-Outs
- Next Calibration Due Date on Print-Outs
- Rechargeable Battery
The TPI 717R combustion analyzer is a state of the art, easy to use analyzer designed not only to display and calculate the required readings from a flue but also to cover most of the other measurements associated with combustion. The instrument is ruggedly constructed and comes with a 3 Year unit and 2 Year sensor Guarantee.
The TPI 717R Flue Gas Analyzer comes complete with the following standard accessories:
- TPI 717R Instrument
- Rubber Boot (A765)
- Soft Carrying Case (A768)
- Flue Sampling Probe (A770)
- In-Line Filter assembly installed on Flue probe (A796)
- Temperature Probe (GK11M)
- Mini Pump Protection Filter Assembly and spare filters (A763)
- Exhaust Spigot (removable) (A764)
- Instruction Manual
The TPI 717R Flue Gas Analyzer has the following options available
- Infrared Printer (A740)
- Spare In-Line Filter (A762F is a package of 5 filters)
- Field replaceable smart CO sensor (A760S)
- Field replaceable smart O2 sensor (A761S
|Model 717R Features & Benefits|
|10,000 ppm CO Sensor||Longer Life & Quicker Recovery Times after Combustion Tests|
| In-Line Water Trap
| Prevent additional servicing costs due to damaged sensors
caused by water ingress
| In-Line Mini Pump
| Prevent additional servicing costs due to blocked pump caused by
|Multi-Fuel||Not limited to the type of jobs you can accept to work on|
|Soft Carry Case|| Keeps your equipment & accessories together & secure
in one handy place
|Diagnostic Software|| Save time & money by preventing the need to return
the analyzer for unnecessary repairs
| Readings Output to
(Optional) IR Printer
| Keep permanent print-outs of recorded readings for your records
and your customers
| 3 Year Unit & 2 Year
|Complete peace of mind over the life of the analyzer|
| CO Build Up
|Save time by having the analyzer record the CO Build Up levels in a Room|
|Tightness Test Software||Save time by having the analyzer record the Test Pressure Readings|
|Model 717R Specifications|
|Operating Temperature Range||14°F to +122°F (-10°C to +50°C)|
|Battery / Batery Life||Rechargeable Ni-MH / > 6 Hours|
|Charger Input Voltage||115V or 230V : 50/60 Hz AC|
|Fuels|| Natural Gas, LPG, Light Oil, Heavy
Oil, Bituminous Coal,
Anthracite Coal, Coke, Butane, Wood, Bagasse
|Pressure Ranges||mbar, kPa & inH2O|
|Display||Backlit Graphic LCD|
|Data Storage||50 sets of readings, multiple pages|
|Time and Date||24 Hour Real Time Clock|
|Dimensions||200mm x 90mm x 60mm|
|Casing||Rubber Boot as Standard|
|Flue Temperature Probe|
|Construction||Pistol Grip with Stainless Steel Shaft|
|'K' Type Thermocouple Accuracy||+/- 0.3%, +/- 1˚C|
|Carbon Monoxide||0-10,000 ppm||1 ppm|| <20ppm +/- 3 ppm
>100ppm +/- 5%
|Carbon Dioxide (calculated)||0-25%||0.1%||+/- 0.3%|
|Selectable Ranges||mbar, kPa and inH2O|
|Range||- 150 mbar to + 150 mbar|
|Resolution||0.01 mbar & 0.1 mbar|
|Accuracy||+/- 0.5% fsd|
Frequently Asked Questions
When should I use the optional A773 oil filter?
If your analyzer is used in an oil fuel application the A773 filter should be used. This filter does not have to be removed for other fuel types.
Should I set my analyzer to net or gross efficiency?
Gross efficiency is the correct choice for applications in the United States.
Can I use any of the TPI analyzers to test for the presence of combustible gas in the flue?
Yes, the 712 has the ability to test for combustible gases in the flue.
Can I log and send test data to a computer?
Yes, the 712 and 714 have the ability to communicate to a computer by using the optional A767 infrared adapter.
Can I test for CO in ambient air?
Yes, the 708, 709, 712, and 714 can all test for carbon monoxide in ambient air.
Do any of the TPI analyzers have a built in manometer?
Yes, the 709, 712, and 714 have built in differential manometers.