Full size DMM with capacitance; 1,000 DC volts and 750 AC volts; 0.5% DCV basic accuracy.
- 4,000 count display
- 0.5% DCV basic accuracy
- 0 to 750 ACV; max resolution 1mV
- 0 to 1,000 DCV; max resolution 0.1mV
- 0 to 40MΩ; max resolution 0.1Ω
- 0 to 10 amps AC/DC; 0.1uA resolution
- Data Hold
- cULus 61010-1
- CAT II – 1000V, CAT III – 600V
USA Suggested List Price
The 135 is a hand-held manual ranging DMM. It features extra large numerals on the LCD, and Data Hold for all functions and ranges. The 135 is an affordable choice offering measurements in all of the basic electrical functions.
Features and Benefits of the Model 135:
- Safety: Meets CE and IEC 1010 requirements. UL Listed to U.S. and Canadian Safety Standards.
- Large LCD: Easy to read at all angles and the majority of lighting levels. 4000 Count.
- Rubber Boot: Added protection when the instrument is dropped. (135NB does not include boot.)
- Multi-function: Measure all electrical characteristics with one meter.
The 135 comes complete with the following accessories:
- 135 Instrument
- Rubber Boot
- Fuse, 2 Amp
- Fuse, 10 Amp
- Test Lead Set
- Instruction Manual
- 9V Battery
- Category I: Usually electronic equipment or equipment where measures have been taken to limit transient over voltages.
- Category II: Single phase loads like appliance personal computers, television sets, and other household loads. Outlets located more than 30 feet froma CAT III source or more than 60 feet from a CAT IV source.
- Category III: Distribution level fixed installations like distribution panel devices, short branch and feeder circuits, three phase loads, and single phase commercial lighting.
- Category IV: Equipment and lines located on the power line side of a service panel or where a low voltage connection is made to utility power
|Model 135 Specifications|
|DC Volts|| Maximum Input: 1000V
Maximum Resolution: 0.1mV
|AC Volts|| Maximum Input: 750V
Maximum Resolution: 0.01mV
|DC Amps|| Maximum Input: 10A
Maximum Resolution: 0.01μA
|AC Amps|| Maximum Input: 10A
Maximum Resolution: 0.01μA
|Resistance (Ohms)|| Maximum Input: 40MΩ
Maximum Resolution: 0.1mΩ
|Capacitance|| Maximum Input: 20000µF
Maximum Resolution: 0.01µF
|Continuity||Audible at less than 100Ω|
|Diode||3V at 1mA maximum output|
|True RMS Responding||No|
|Time Stamp Logging||No|
|Process Loop Output||No|
|Sleep Mode / Auto Off||No|
|Protective Boot||Yes (standard)|
|Display Type||4000 count LCD|
|Operating Temperature||32°F to 104°F (0°C to 40°C)|
|Storage Temperature||14°F to 122°F (-10°C to 50°C)|
|Size||7.4” x 3.4” x 1.2” (187mm x 86mm x 33mm) with boot|
|Weight||12oz (340g) with boot|
|Battery Type||1.5V “AA” Alkaline (2)|
|Battery Life||200hrs Typical|
|OverInput Category||CAT III 600V|
|Agency Approval||cULus 61010-1, IEC 61010-1|
TPI Model 135 Demonstration Video
Model 135 Applications
- Thermocouples in furnaces or gas applications
- Heat anticipator current in thermostats
- Line voltage
- Voltage of direct drive DC motors
- Control circuit voltage
- Motor run and start capacitors
- Flame safeguard control current
- Heating element resistance (continuity)
- Compressor winding resistance
- Contactor and relay coil resistance
- Continuity of wiring
- Temperature w/ optional temperature adapter
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is there a way to measure higher current with a TPI DMM?
TPI DMMs (except the 120 and 126) have the capacity to read up to 10A AC/DC. Optional adapters are available for all models to increase the current range. Our shunt adapters are available to increase the range up to 1,000A AC/DC.
2. What other adapters are available for TPI DMMs?
Various adapters including carbon monoxide (A771), pressure (A620/630), and clamp-on low current (A254) are available. Contact TPI for additional information.
3. Which of the TPI DMMs will measure temperature?
All TPI DMMs can measure temperature by using the optional A301 K-Type thermocouple temperature adapter.
4. Which TPI DMMs can measure DC millivolts?
All TPI DMMs measure millivolts. Models are available with 1 or 0.1 millivolt resolution.
5. Which TPI DMMs can measure DC microamps?
The TPI 126, 133, 135, 153, 163, 183, 190, 194, 196, and 440 all have this capability.
6. Which TPI DMMs will measure capacitance?
The TPI 135, 183, 190, 192, 194, and 440 all have this capability.
7. What is continuity?
Continuity refers to a test performed on wires and circuits to see if a break(open) exhists. If the wire or circuit is continuous, the resistance reading will be at or near zero. The continuity range on a meter provides audible indication of a continuous circuit, allowing quicker tests without having to take your eyes off the circuit or wire under test.