Full size, autoranging, easy to read, 0.3% DCV basic accuracy DMM; 1,000 DC volts and 750 AC volts.
- 0.3% DCV basic accuracy
- 0 to 750 ACV; max resolution 1mV
- 0 to 1,000 DCV; max resolution 0.1mV
- 0 to 40MΩ; max resolution 0.1Ω
- AC/DC amps to 10; max resolution 0.1uA
- Data Hold
- cULus 61010-1
- CAT II – 1000V, CAT III – 600V
USA Suggested List Price
The 153 is a hand-held autoranging DMM. The 153 measures ACV, DCV, ACA, DCA, Resistance, Diodes and Continuity. The DMM 153 also features:
- REC: Records Min/Max readings during specified measurement intervals.
- RANGE: Allows the user to manually range the 153 instead of autoranging.
- Data Hold: Holds the reading on the display for easy viewing.
- Auto Off: Preserves battery life.
Additional Features and Benefits of the Model 153:
- Agency Approval: Meets CE and IEC 1010 requirements.
- Record: Records Min/Max values.
- Range: Allows you to either manual range or use auto range to select the appropriate range.
- Sleep: Instrument automatically powers down after 30 minutes of inactivity, however, it will continue acquiring data in its various modes. Pressing any push button or turning the rotarty switch returns the 153 back to normal.
The 153 comes complete with the following accessories:
- 153 Instrument
- Rubber Boot
- Fuse, 2 Amp
- Fuse, 10 Amp
- Test Lead Set
- Instruction Manual
- 9V Battery
- Category I: Usually electronic equipment or equipment where measures have been taken to limit transient over voltages.
- Category II: Single phase loads like appliance personal computers, television sets, and other household loads. Outlets located more than 30 feet froma CAT III source or more than 60 feet from a CAT IV source.
- Category III: Distribution level fixed installations like distribution panel devices, short branch and feeder circuits, three phase loads, and single phase commercial lighting.
- Category IV: Equipment and lines located on the power line side of a service panel or where a low voltage connection is made to utility power
|Model 153 Specifications|
|DC Volts|| Maximum Input: 1000V
Maximum Resolution: 0.1mV
|AC Volts|| Maximum Input: 750V
Maximum Resolution: 0.001V
|DC Amps|| Maximum Input: 10A
Maximum Resolution: 0.1μA
|AC Amps|| Maximum Input: 10A
Maximum Resolution: 0.1μA
|Resistance (Ohms)|| Maximum Input: 40MΩ
Maximum Resolution: 0.1mΩ
|Continuity||Audible at less than 50Ω|
|Diode||3V at 30µA maximum output|
|True RMS Responding||No|
|Time Stamp Logging||No|
|Process Loop Output||No|
|Sleep Mode / Auto Off||Yes|
|Protective Boot||Yes (standard)|
|Display Type||4000 count LCD|
|Operating Temperature||32°F to 104°F (0°C to 40°C)|
|Storage Temperature||14°F to 122°F (-10°C to 50°C)|
|Size||6” x 3.1” x 1.2” (187mm x 86mm x 33mm) with boot|
|Weight||12oz (340g) with boot|
|Battery Life||500hrs Typical|
|OverInput Category||CAT III 600V|
|Agency Approval||cULus 61010-1, IEC 61010-1|
TPI Model 153 Demonstration Video
Model 153 Applications
- Thermocouples in furnaces or gas applications
- Heat anticipator current in thermostats
- Line voltage
- Voltage of direct drive DC motors
- Control circuit voltage
- Motor run and start capacitors
- Flame safeguard control current
- Heating element resistance (continuity)
- Compressor winding resistance
- Contactor and relay coil resistance
- Continuity of wiring
- Continuity of circuit breakers
- Temperature w/ optional temperature adapter
- Bar graph to indicate rapid fluctuations in measurements
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is there a way to measure higher current with a TPI DMM?
TPI DMMs (except the 120 and 126) have the capacity to read up to 10A AC/DC. Optional adapters are available for all models to increase the current range. Our shunt adapters are available to increase the range up to 1,000A AC/DC.
2. What other adapters are available for TPI DMMs?
Various adapters including carbon monoxide (A771), pressure (A620/630), and clamp-on low current (A254) are available. Contact TPI for additional information.
3. Which of the TPI DMMs will measure temperature?
All TPI DMMs can measure temperature by using the optional A301 K-Type thermocouple temperature adapter.
4. Which TPI DMMs can measure DC millivolts?
All TPI DMMs measure millivolts. Models are available with 1 or 0.1 millivolt resolution.
5. Which TPI DMMs can measure DC microamps?
The TPI 126, 133, 135, 153, 163, 183, 190, 194, 196, and 440 all have this capability.
6. Which TPI DMMs will measure capacitance?
The TPI 135, 183, 190, 192, 194, and 440 all have this capability.
7. What is continuity?
Continuity refers to a test performed on wires and circuits to see if a break(open) exhists. If the wire or circuit is continuous, the resistance reading will be at or near zero. The continuity range on a meter provides audible indication of a continuous circuit, allowing quicker tests without having to take your eyes off the circuit or wire under test.