Measure -4 to +572°F (20 to 300°C), non-contact (IR) thermometer without laser.
Measure Hard-to-reach, sensitive, or large moving target areas. Use the 380 to measure surface temperature and watch the LCD immediately display accurate data without the use of a probe.
- Repeatable measurements, 0.1° resolution readings
- Temperature compensated for accurate readings
- Hold function
- Easy-to-use one button operation
- °C and °F selectable
- Distance to spot ratio 8:1
- Easy to read LCD with backlight
- Auto off
Frequently Asked Questions
- What does “distance to spot ratio” mean?
The laser spot needs to be showing inside the target area. An 8:1 “distance to spot ratio” means you are measuring a 1” diameter area at a distance of 8”.
- How far can I measure?
Distance is unlimited. The size of the target area sets the limit on distance for accurate measurements. Example: If the area you wish to measure is 1 foot in diameter, then you will need to be within 8 feet to record an accurate temperature.
- What is the smallest target I can read?
Approximately one-half inch in diameter.
- What is emmisivity?
This is a ratio of an object’s infrared emission compared to a theoretical black body considered 1. Emissivity is always less than 1. Adjustable emissivity allows your non-contact thermometer to be adjusted to the surface you are checking to make readings more accurate.
|Model 380 Specifications|
|Non-Contact (IR) Range|| -4°F to 572°F
-20°C to 300°C
|Accuracy||+/-2% of reading or +/-3.5°F whichever is greater|
|Distance to Target Ratio||9.5:1|
|Spectral Response||7 to 14um|
|Display Resolution||0.1° / 1° (Automatic)|
|Operating Temperature||32°F to 120°F (0°C to 50°C)|
TPI 380 Series Demonstration Video
- Remote vent and return temperature measurement
- Tubing, piping and sheet metal temperature
- Leaks around cooler or freezer doors
Distance to Spot Ratios (D:S) for TPI IR (Non-contact) Thermometers:
Models 375 / 376 / 377 (11.5:1):
Models 380 / 381 / 383 / 384 (9:1):