381b Combination Non-Contact / Contact Thermometer. Measure hard-to-reach, sensitive, or large
moving target areas.
- Repeatable, 0.1° resolution readings ensure tests are consistently correct.
- Circle laser sighting; The circle laser approximates the measurement area.
- Temperature compensated for accurate readings.
- Don’t have to hit a hold button holds last reading automatically.
- Easy-to-use one button operation you can’t lock up chip by pressing multiple buttons at one time and therefore don’t have to disconnect the battery to reboot the chip.
- °C and °F selectable
- 9 to 1 D:S
Frequently Asked Questions
- What does “distance to spot ratio” mean?
The laser spot needs to be showing inside the target area. An 8:1 “distance to spot ratio” means you are measuring a 1” diameter area at a distance of 8”.
- How far can I measure?
Distance is unlimited. The size of the target area sets the limit on distance for accurate measurements. Example: If the area you wish to measure is 1 foot in diameter, then you will need to be within 8 feet to record an accurate temperature.
- What is the smallest target I can read?
Approximately one-half inch in diameter.
- What is emmisivity?
This is a ratio of an object’s infrared emission compared to a theoretical black body considered 1. Emissivity is always less than 1. Adjustable emissivity allows your non-contact thermometer to be adjusted to the surface you are checking to make readings more accurate.
Distance to Spot Ratio: 9 : 1
Temperature Non-contact: -4° to 572°F (-20° to 300°C)
Range Contact:* -148° to 2192°F (-100° to 1200°C)
IR Accuracy: @ 23°C ± 5°F (3°C) below 32°F (0°C) and 0.95 emissivity ± 2% of rdg or ± 3.5°F (2°C) whichever is greater at >32°F (0°C)
Contact Accuracy: +(0.5% of reading + 3.5°F (2°C)
Laser Sighting: Output <1mW, Wavelength 645-660nm, Class II Laser
°F or °C: Selectable (slide switch in handle)
Contact or Non-contact: Selectable: (slide switch in handle)
Display Hold: Yes
Response Time: 500 millisecond
Spectral Response: 7 – 14 um
Operating Temperature: 32° to 120°F (0° to 50°C)
Battery Type: 9 Volt
*Overall K-Type range shown. Actual range is dependent on the temperature range of the probe selected
- Compressor heads
- Hot and cold areas in insulation
- Leaks around cooler or freezer doors
- Leaks around windows
- Steam traps
- Circuit breakers
- Grill & surface temperatures
- Holding cabinets
- Serving temperatures
- Storage temperatures
Distance to Spot Ratios (D:S) for TPI IR (Non-contact) Thermometers:
Models 375 / 376 / 377 (11.5:1):
Models 380 / 381 / 383 / 384 (9:1):